How to convert to Judaism?

thatgirl1

Jun 1, 2008
I heard you need to take courses, since I'm busy I was wondering if any online courses are offered and how the conversion will take place?

If there are online conversion sites, please give me links.
Also how long is the process because I heard it can take weeks, months & even years.
I meant I want to take the course online, I will obviously attend prayers and raise my future family with a Jewish upbringing

You will need to convince a rabbi that you really do want to convert to Judaism. Some rabbis are easier to convince than others.

There is at least one long-distance conversion process. You might have to make a personal visit at some point.

It can take years. But this course has 16 sessions:

http://convertjudaism.org/

Note: It is currently the Jewish Sabbath, so an odd time to ask such a question.

You can not convert to Judaism online.

Being Jewish is about being a part of a community, action, and living the Torah. It is a lifestyle.

What essentially makes you Jewish, is the community saying you are Jewish. (Beit Din)

IF you really are too busy to attend a synagogue, you should not consider becoming Jewish. Please do not convert. Find another religion that is more convenient to your busy lifestyle.

Shalom

Back