how to change transmission fluid in a chrysler sebring 99?

iwontgiveup

Dec 12, 2011
i want to do it my self and I've worked on cars before so don't just come in here and say take it to a shop cus i wont. just tell me or show me some pictures on how to change the fluid in it.

You'd need to gain access and remove all the transmission pan bolts, this can be a messy job bec the fluid starts to come out when removing the bolts.Once the pan is off you need to remove the transmission filter, check the pan it will have a magnet sitting on the pan, see what metal specs are on the magnet.If the specs are more then the normal wear and tear tiny sized pieces you may need to have the transmission further over hauled.

The pan has to be cleaned of any old gasket particles, plus the pan needs to be clean of any dirt or transmission fluid.This work is usually done in the special wash pans that shops use.Usually you have to not only scrap the old gasket off the pan and transmission but you need to use fine sandpaper and sand the two surfaces where the old gasket sat.The pan and magnet should be cleaned well and dry before reinstalling the pan and the filter has to be installed properly then the new gasket is placed along the pan , once it all lined with the assorted bolt mounting holes then gently place the pan back onto the transmission, if someone can help you hold the pan it's easier to place the bolts into place and tighten them by hand.Note also you want the bolts and their threads cleaned with a wire brush etc and dry before you re-use them.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way your best bet is to have a good proper drain pan handy, some rags and cleaning materials with the basic tools.Having a factory or Haynes service manual for that vehicle would be a good idea.Note use the proper transmission fluid and filter kit If you change the fluid/filter be sure to have the transmission control module=TCM into the learning mode afterwards.

Here's a link I found that gives you more info................how to change transmission fluid in a chrysler sebring 99?

Back