How should I quit my part time job at Taco Bell?

Erusaro

Oct 25, 2009
I've worked at Taco bell for about 2 months now and I have gotten a much better job to replace it so now I need to know how you guys think I should quit. I was hired as a shift leader and I've been training to be an assistant manager too because they want to fire the assistant manager they have right now. I know that a lot of people have been quitting recently so they have been hiring a lot of new guys and they really need managers so I'd be putting them in a horrible spot since they have already spent the time and money to train me. I mean I don't care about it honestly I'm going to quit no matter what but I'm just wondering if you guys think they'll be mad at me when I do it. I don't want to do a no show, I'm never going to use them as a reference I mean its Taco bell for like a couple months, I just don't want to cause any arguments or anything so I'm thinking over the phone rather then in person.
I'm getting a job at a dealership as a salesman, I've done it before a couple of times actually so I know I can do it. I am basically promised $2000 a month there plus of course the potential to make a whole lot more, last time I sold cars at a kia dealership I made 3k a month give or take. At taco bell I get $8.50 an hour right now and the assistant manager job only pays around 20k a year. There is no way I could negotiate for more money at Taco Bell I mean it is a fast food place after all the only people making money are the owners and maybe the GM but he is probably only getting about 50 a year. Oh and the dealership wants me to start training right away, Monday actually and I'm scheduled to work this week and next week at TB but I mean since I have the new job why waste my weekend working. Oh and I work nights... so basically I work 4p.m to 4a.m Saturday and Sunday why do that when I can't work on Monday. The only reason I did TB was because I was in school and it

You could make up an excuse if you don't want any confrontations like your grandpa is in hospital or something like that if you want to avoid arguments.

OR you can just tell them goodbye over the phone but this will prob cause some stress and arguments but your not lying haha

I think you should give them the proper amount of notice. Especially it they have treated you well during your time working there. I don't know what the job is you are planning on moving to but perhaps that new and better paying job could be used as a negotiation point for more pay at Taco Bell. Will they offer you more to stay? Just a thought.

Also, never worry about an employers feelings when you are making changes to better your life. It's business.

Back