How reliable are early Porsche Cayennes? What are your opinions?

gregory

Apr 4, 2008
I am looking into getting a Porsche Cayenne. If I get a 2003-2005 for 10-20k, what can I expect to pay for upkeep?

If you own one, what is your opinion on the car in general (pros/cons)? I've heard it drives like a truck.

Thank you very much!

I have an 08 base v6 model. Love it. Would not say it drives like a truck at all. I know they did some upgrades for the 08, so prior models will be a bit different (mainly, smaller v6). They are very solid, excellent vehicles. Huge towing capacity, plenty of room inside, great in all conditions. One of the best handling SUVs out there. Insurance is actually pretty cheap thanks to all the safety features. I've driven 911's, owned a Boxster, and recently driven new Panameras, and jumping right back into the Cayenne, I always feel good because it feels "Porsche" through and through. Truly superior vehicles.

Cons: poor mpg. Any repair can be costly.

Overall, I absolutely love mine.

I have driven an 04 V6 model and my uncle currently owns a newer model. I have not heard of any complaints from anyone. J.D. Power & Associates always gives Porsche high ratings in quality and reliability.

Back