How many miles is to many when puchasing a used street bike like a yamaha r6

David_ruh

May 7, 2010
600 or similar? I am in the market for a street bike and cant afford a brand new one and would like to buy used. I am familiar with riding but want to know how many miles the average bike tends to last and when it is to high milage to buy. Any other advice is welcome, Thanks.

600 sport bikes is pretty mutch bullet proof, the cbr 600rr has earned that reputation, but all japanese bikes are. if you can afford it go for a bike not older than 4-5 years and not more than 25000 km ( I think thats 15 000 miles? ) but that said they are build to last forever and a bike with more than 70 000 miles can stil run as smooth as the day it was made( I saw a 2003 kawasaki with 105 000 km that purred like a kitten) it all depends on how the bike was ridden

Bikes will last 100,000 miles or more if you maintain them properly. The problem is, buying a used one, you never know how the previous owner treated the bike, unless they keep a strict maintenance log, and that still doesnt guarantee they didnt abuse it riding.

Back