How long will a 250 sport bike last me?

Caleb

May 13, 2008
I have been trying to decide what bike I want . I have been considering the honda cbr 250r or the kawasaki ninja 300. I'm just wandering when will I want to upgrade because I will driving it everyday to school and work putting an average of about 100 miles a day except some weekends going on the highway and blasting through the back roads. I'm just wandering is a 250 bike going to suit my needs or should I go with something like the honda cbr 500r or the yamaha fz6r or is this just a little big for a beginner? Any help or advice would be highly appreciated thank you . Ps. I am a relatively big guy weighing over 200 pounds and around 6.2 tall and I will be taking a certified motorcycle training coarse.

Depends on you. If you are like most motorcyclists you will want to be able to ride 120+ mph you will should get a 650 twin. If you are wanting a motorcycle for cheap transportation, you could be happy on a 250 for 100,000 miles / 10 years, whichever comes first.

A 250cc sportbike will last you a month tops if you ride everyday and know how to ride. You'll get bored of it quickly, but it's still a good bike to learn on. If you already know how to somewhat ride starting on a 500cc wouldn't hurt. I started on a 750

Back