How does Walmarts no receipt return policy work for a DVD?

BarryPool

Sep 8, 2011
My mom purchased a DVD from walmart for mebut I wanna return it except my mom threw out the receipt. It says on their site they allow no receipt returns but how does it work? I want to return it and buy a different dvd thats the same exact price. My mom paid for it with her credit card, but if I take it in with my drivers license would I be able to return it myself? I just want a gift card/store credit. It says it can be returned within 90 days and the dvd my mom got me was released just this month, it hasnt been out for anywhere near 90 days. Its still brand new and it has a walmart sticker on it, so they should know its from walmart.

http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx
the dvd is brand new and isnt open and it has the walmart sticker on the front of it

If you opened the packaging, you're screwed. Yes, they will allow some low cost items to be returned without a receipt for store credit, but if you opened the DVD's packaging, you can only get the same title and they will open that package at the time of the exchange.

If it's unopened and inexpensive, they will give you store credit after they run your ID through their system to make sure that you haven't been abusing their good graces with that policy by returning a lot without a receipt.

Edit for add. details: Then it's cool as long as it's cheap (like under $25), and you haven't been abusing their policy.

Back