How do I stop this annoying LAME mp3 codec pop up window in internet explorer?

LAME

What I would like to know is: Can any one tell us who the hell LAME is; and how did they get unauthorized access to all of our computers? I'd like to throttle these guys.

Chris

For those who did not install the K-lite Codec pack but have the Media Player - Codec Pack can probability try this... i based this on the solution that is provided by the other user above, tried this myself and so far the popup did not come back. i cannot guarantee anything though, just try this out if you want and give a reply..

1) Go to Start --> All Programs --> Media Player - Codec Pack
2) Select GSpot codec information
3) Select Systems --> List Codec and filter information
4) Scroll and look for Lame MP3 codec engine
5) Right-Click and select set filter merit
6) Set to Merit_Do_Not_Use

Hope this works for you guys! As i said, i cannot guarantee you anything, i just tried to use the solution above to suit for the Media Player - Codec Pack.

Just in case anybody's monitoring this old thread, this problem is still alive and well. It occurred to me after I accidentally upgraded my IE 9 browser to IE 10 and I accessed a page on my own site that I had embedded a short MP3 file in. I don't use IE very much, preferring Chrome or Firefox for most things, but here's the way I solved this in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Although I didn't have the K-Lite codec pack on my machine, I found a Windows 7 codec pack in Programs & Features. I highlighted it, chose Uninstall/Change and deleted the LAME MP3 Codec from there. Popup never reappeared.

My computer is win8,and I also have the annoying lame mp3 codec problem. I don't find the K-Lite codec pack on my machine.There is no sound at all in my computer.How to solve this problem?

Went to Uninstall/Change Media Player Codec Pack 4.3.2 from Programs & Features, but there is no Lame MP3 codec listed? What do I delete instead?

Back