how do i prevent the clear coat from peeling on my 2006 toyota matrix?

Ryan

May 14, 2008
I just want to know what are some things I can do to prevent my clear coar from peeling. Is it true that waxing your car can help to prevent clear coat from peeling?

You know its going to come off. But if your savings account isn't all filled up and you don't have money to burn then you might listen to some of my poor mans craziness. My 2003 Chevrolet Malibu had a spoiler on the back and of course when it was around 7 years old the clear coat started coming off at first it was just some small spots that no one would see, but then it really started to fall off so I took some soft scrub which is just a cleaner with a little grit in it and cleaned the spoiler real good then I sprayed everything off with a hose. I then let it dry for a couple days a couple hours will work. Then I just grabbed a spray can of polyurethane, the final clear coat I use for all of my wood finishing projects. I knew it was clear and I knew it would stick but I had no idea how long it would hold. I had the Malibu for 2 years after I sprayed the polyurethane on and it looked brand new. You could be right next to the spoiler and you couldn't tell. So If you have about $5 go to Lowe's or any hardware store and buy a spray can of polyurethane and fix your paint. It will also stop the clear coat from peeling of. Good luck.

Back