how do i play music through my desktop' s speakers from iphone 5 via bluetooth?

frank

May 17, 2008
I 'm trying to play music from my Iphone 5 through my desktop's speakers. i bought a AZiO BTD-V201 Micro Bluetooth Adapter USB 2.0 and went through all of the installation processes with no problem. it is using "Bluetooth stack for windows by toshiba", i guess that is a driver or something. I turned on the bluetooth on my Iphone and successfully connected to the bluetooth adapter that is plugged into my computer. There is now a small symbol on my Iphone, next to the volume control in the Ipod screen, that looks like a rectangle with a triangle in the bottom of it. i tapped on that symbol, and a menu came up that gave me two options; iPhone and MY PC. i tapped on the "MY PC" option, and a check mark appeared next to the "MY PC" option. I started playing music from my iPod and i can see the playback clock counting down, so music is playing. the volume is turned all the way up on my phone, but there is still no music playing out of my computer speakers. I don't know what else to do.
I have played music from my iPhone though a friend's laptop via bluetooth, and it wasn't playing through itunes. But, his laptop had built-in bluetooth. I know that it is possible to do this using an iPhone, I just have no idea why it wont work with my computer.

Back