How do I know what's wrong with my SUV?

RyanCaron

Oct 4, 2012
My suv which is a 98 Ford Explorer, was running fine earlier in the day, drove to and from work, and to the store. I get home and about two hours later I had to run out again.

I went to start the suv and nothing. The truck wouldn't even try to turn over, no clicking no nothing. I tested my lights, radio and all my electrical and they worked fine. My lights were still very strong beams, so I'm thinking its probably not the battery. I have no idea what it could be.

After about a couple hours I go out to the truck again and tried to start and it started right up, so after about 10 mins, I shut it down and tried to start it again and again I get nothing, same thing no clicking no buzzing just nothing.
Can someone please help?
++Okay went and checked the battery cables, not loose, so its not the connection.

Check the battery connections, if the wiggle, tighten the cables. If they are already tight, I would have the battery checked out. If the battery is "good" then it's a problem with the ignition switch and/or wiring and/or starter.

Back