how do i complain about a pub landlady attacking me?

KerryMitchell

Jan 24, 2011
My friend worked in a local pub and was fired for stealing. 4 other members of staff were fired at the same time for the same reason. No formal action was taken by the landlord/landlady. This happened in August 2010. Last night I was out with my friend when the landlady and landlord of the pub she was fired from, came in. Immediately the landlady started shouting abuse at my friend and making threats about knowing where she lives and fire bombing her flat. The bar staff were watching the situation and asked them to stop. At this point ( after an hour of abuse ) my friend needed the toilet. I noticed the landlady in question and 2 of her friends follow her into the toilets. By the time I got there, the landlady in question had my friend by the throat while her friends held her. I tried to put myself in the middle and received a few hits ( my own fault ) but by the time they left the toilets, my friend had been hit numerous time in the face and head and had a bloody nose and her cheek was already starting to swell. She doesn't want to take any action at the moment, but is there something I can do? Who do I complain to?

Back