How difficult is it to replace the stereo in a 98 Dodge Ram 1500?

BigJoe1

Nov 15, 2008
I am debating whether to have a radio shop install a new radio or do it myself. I am not concerned about the soldering or wiring of it at all as I have done other radio installations in the past, so this wouldn't be my first time. What I am worried about messing up is the dash panel during removal. I fear cracking it when taking it off. So I guess my question is more of how difficult is the dash removal to get to the stereo? If you have done it before please let me know of any tips or tricks or anything I should be aware of when removing it.
Oh also forgot to ask about speaker installation. On the driver door panel I have the mirror control knob and was wondering if that affects getting the door panel off in any way. And for the rear doors (suicide door style) the windows have that lever to open them that seems to be in the way of the panel removal. I haven't looked too closely into removal of any of the panels but again if anyone has any knowledge or tips on getting these off and on properly that would be awesome

Dodges are pretty damn easy. When you buy your install kit, it should comes with instructions to help you get the dash apart. If you've done it before, you can do it again now. knock yourself out.

Back