How come DISH NETWORK Satellite TV refuse to carry TV ONE a TV network that airs...

Jul 5, 2008
...African American TV programs? How come DISH NETWORK Satellite TV refuse to carry TV ONE a TV network that airs African American TV programs?

I am just curious.

I am now unable to watch TV ONE and have been unable ever since I have become a DISH NETWORK Satellite TV subscriber, last month.

I am going to switch to DIRECTV Satellite TV 2 years from now when my contract is up if DISH NETWORK still does not carry TV ONE in November of 2014.

Dish Network Corporation, commonly known as DISH, is an American satellite broadcaster, providing direct broadcast satellite service—including satellite television, audio programming, and interactive television services—to commercial and residential customers in the United States. As of September 2012, DISH provided services to 14.042 million subscribers.

TV One is an American television channel based in Silver Spring, Maryland and primarily owned by Radio One and NBCUniversal (through the network's original owner Comcast). It targets African American adults with a broad range of programming. The network airs original lifestyle, documentaries, and entertainment-oriented shows, movies, concert performances, as well as classic series from the 1970s through 2000s, such as The Jeffersons, Amen, A Different World, Good Times, Living Single and Martin.

TV One is available in over 38 million homes [1] via DirecTV, Comcast, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, AT&T U-Verse, Insight, and other smaller, regional cable television providers.
DirecTV, branded as DIRECTV, is an American direct broadcast satellite service provider and broadcaster based in El Segundo, California. Its satellite service, launched on June 17, 1994, transmits digital satellite television and audio to households in the United States, Ibero-America, and the Anglophone Caribbean.[2][3] Its primary competitors are Dish Network and cable television providers. At the end of 2011, DirecTV had 19.89 million subscribers.

DISH NETWORK is going to lose me as a customer and I am going to switch to DirecTV when my contract is up if they continue to refuse to provide the TV ONE network on their service.

Back