How can i start talking to a girl on facebook i like that goes to my highschool?

JasonPain

Mar 2, 2013
Ok so Ive liked this girl at my school for some time now and prom is coming up in about 2 months. Im not all that social to be honest, but I am NOT ugly at all based on my and many others perspective. I wanted to try starting to talk to her over facebook before I do face-to-face at school or outside of school because its much easier for me to think up conversation when a girl isn't staring me in the eyes: that kind of intimidates me to a point. After I get to know her to some point on facebook i wanted to ask her to do something together or hangout, and in time, ask her to prom (she's not dating anyone and from what i know, never has in the years ive seen her). I already have her added on my facebook and I honestly get the feeling that she likes me as well because you can supposedly see who's been looking at your facebook profile within the last 36 hours by going to your main page and it shows 8 people who recently looked: her picture is always there and the only time its not is when she hasn't been online for a couple days. I don't see her really at all at school either.
Can anyone give me advice on how I should approach this? Should i just tell her that ive liked her for some time and go from there or would that make her feel weird? Or how should i start a conversation with her over facebook and maybe get her to hang out with me sometime?

Back