How can I learn Kung Fu / Martial Arts by myself?

Exrain

Jan 14, 2012
I've wished to learn and practice martial arts for many years but never got into it because I lacked time and money.

Are there specialized websites / videos / PDF files that anyone can give me to so I can get started or something?

I just want to practice as a hobby, instead of just doing regular exercises. Is this something I can only learn from a class? I mostly wanted to learn katas and breathing techniques.

What for?

I am telling you that learning things by yourself, in an internet, videos, books or any instructional reference is a useless efforts, because there are lots of things that can't be done without the presence of real instructor.

All those things you want to know can be achieve and attain only if you are personally having your practice at some legit Martial Arts training place, with qualified instructor that can explain things to you conveniently, according to the matter that you want to know, he can correct, comment and settled things that needs immediate correction, this is about when, what, who and how question that only Instructor with broad skills and knowledge regarding Martial Arts can clearly clarify and answer things.

Without proper guidance from any qualified Instructor, things will turn into mess; because you will not able know if what you did is correct or wrong, you will just develop some bad habit that hard to break soon, wherein you are prone to any injury due to less understanding on some important methods and applications.

. . . . . . . .

can you learn how to swim without swimming?

probably but you wont be good enough for the olympics no matter how hard you train swimming in books and online.

Back