How can I get shows like House and Psych on my TV without having Cable or Satellite?

kitty

May 13, 2008
Okay. So here's the deal. We're living in a rental house, and the builder that built the thing hid the smartbox, so now he doesn't know where it is. It's not in the plans, or anything. We've been living here for 4 years and we haven't found it yet. Therefore, we can't watch any TV unless it's online. We can't get cable or satellite because it's not our house, and the owner isn't even living in the country. A friend of mine told me that it's possible to get basic channels like Fox and ABC without having cable or satellite. First of all, is this even true? And if it is, how can I do that? We don't have a plug or anything. And please don't call me stupid for asking this question. I know nothing about this kind of stuff, and I couldn't find anything about it on Google. I'd really appreciate it if I could get an answer to this! Thanks! =D
And I've been waiting for four years and dealing with it for four years. I think I'd be nice to watch something on a TV instead of my computer. Just for even like a week or something. Something temporary would be fine. I've been getting all my shows off Megavideo and Hulu. Don't get me wrong, they are nice. I just like full screen. And my dad's being extra whiny about it lately because he's missing the new Houses, and it's getting intense right now. He's not happy about that, and I want to find a solution to help.
I have Veoh, but they don't have any Psych episodes, and House wasn't updated last time I checked.

The landlord said that he didn't want us to change anything when we moved in, and he is really...picky. He's the kind of person that would notice is there was a little tiny chip in the wall and get mad about it. He said that he didn't care about cable, and that he didn't want us to do anything about it when we asked. It seemed kinda rude to me, actually. :/

I'll look into the antenna thing. Would a digital tuner be like...a button on the TV to change the channel or volume? Or like a remote control? Or like the dials on the old TV's? I have a TV with the buttons, but the only one we have with tunes isn't ours and doesn't even work. I will look into the antenna idea though. Thanks!

Any more suggestions?

Back