How can I activate a T-Mobil HTC Google Android without a dataplan, WIFI only....

johnking1972

Sep 7, 2010
...I do this currently with a Blac? How can I activate a T-Mobil HTC Google Android without a dataplan, WIFI only. I do this currently with a Blackberry Curve. I've heard of some wink-wink back alley transactions at T-Mobil places but most just insist on a data plan. I've also heard of a method called "flashing". I have been a loyal T-Mobil person for ten years so I have no problem circumventing their guidelines, I paid for the device, I should be able to use it how I please. Any help will be appreciated.

You don't "activate" Google Android. Android is the operating system that runs the phone. Most Android phones require that you have or create a Google account before the phone can be set up. I don't think you can do this without have some kind of data access, and I'm not sure if you can do it via wi-fi during the initial setup, In fact, it's highly unlikely.

I have owned two Android phones (T-Mobile G1 and a Google Nexus One on T-Mobile) and for the life of me, I cannot imagine how you can utilize these kind of phones to their fullest capacity without a data plan.

Flashing has nothing to do with this. You can flash custom ROM images to the phone to give you a newer version of Android, but you still need data.

What you could do is activate the data plan for a month, get the phone set up, then cancel it. If you own the phone and are NOT under a contract, they really can't refuse you.

Back