home theater hookup problem HELP !?

Blake

May 12, 2008
ok, brought home a new tv yesterday, a lg 50pk750 plasma to replace my other lg lcd. hooked it up to my home theater and over all very happy. went to turn on the xbox 360 and i have sound no picture though. The only thing that has changed is the tv. when hooked to my other lcd it work just fine, i'm lost.
here's my set up, i have everything running to my receiver, (yamaha rx-v665) xbox 360 and cable via hdmi. 360 is through hdmi 1, cable through hdmi 2. hdmi out to tv hdmi input 2 ,cable works fine. no picture just sound with x box.
so far i have tried:
-i swapped the hdmi cable with the one using for the cable tv as i knew it worked. -same problem.
-i traded hdmi inputs on the receiver with the cable to make sure the jack wasn't bad- cable played fine through hdmi input 1 on receiver, xbox (now through hdmi 2) sound no picture.
- bypassed the receiver all together by running xbox directly to tv via hdmi -picture and sound.
-just for good measure i switch the hdmi in being used on the tv- same issue.

I am completely confused by this. Like i said everything always worked before new tv added to equation. but i cannot fathom how that matters in the least as its just one hdmi input on the tv.
everything else is working fine, including, media pc, and cable tv box.
Someone out there please HELP!!!! Thanks

Back