HID Decision help for VW?

jb198606

Nov 22, 2008
Hi everyone I have a 2003 VW Passat as you probably know it has the halogen projector housings for the headlights. I really like the benefits and looks of HID lights and would like to install them in my car. The only problem I have is that I understand that they are illegal to install in a car that didn't come from the factory with HID's. About six months ago I bought a HID kit from DDMTuning.com I got the 35w 6,000k color rating. I had them in there for one day and removed them. I got flashed by peoples high beams a few times and just didn't want to cause a accident. Now from reading I would like to try HID's again in my car but this time buying them from retro solutions.com and get the 35w 4300k color rating. I also would be more productive and get my headlights aimed lower and also have someone with a vag com do the special programing for the lights. So what I guess I am asking is to get some ideas for what you guys think and what you would do? My big thing is I don't want to run the chance of getting pulled over by a cop because of the lights. Currently what I am running in my car for halogen bulbs is Phillips X Treme power from powerbulbs.com. Thanks for the help in advance.

Joe

Back