Help me make this introduction flow beautifully !!!!?

Eva

May 23, 2008
I have to write an essay on Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson. In class I wrote the perfect introduction but i didn't save it right. :/ I cried for a whole block after cuz it was so perfect. Anyways after I collected myself I made a skeleton of the perfect introduction to my essay. Can someone help me make it flow beautifully ?

At the turn of the 19th century, America was still a young country. Its citizens were similarly blossoming with an anxiety to make a mark in the new country socially, economically and politically. Nobody was concerned about literature, especially poetry. The center of poetry was Europe. Not until two brilliantly creative poets emerged did that change.
HOLYYYY ! .... Mrs.James Dean....you're my new best friend :O
No, forreal. THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU JUST MADE MY LIFE !
That's the most amazing introduction ever ! <3

At the turn of the 19th century, America was still a young and vibrant country. Its citizens were equally blossoming with an undying desire to make a mark in the new country; socially economically, and politically. There was hardly any interest in literature or poetry; the country was consumed with other goals and issues. The center of poetry in those times was in Europe. It wasn’t until two brilliantly creative poets emerged that changed America’s perspective in the field of poetry and captured the country’s interest and attention.

Back