he had one question

julie0826

Aug 3, 2012
africa
First-year Wagner Academy drillmaster Bashir Mason didn’t hesitate.

The 28-year-old Mason saw Maryland artefact Langston Burnett arena in a summer alliance bold recently, and if he heard that the contempo top academy alum advised to absorb a basic year at a Virginia aggressive academy, he had one question.

Why?

“Coach said that he anticipation I was accessible to play in academy appropriate now,” the 6-foot-4, 200-pound Burnett said Friday from his Beltsville, Md., home afterwards verbally committing to the Seahawks beforehand in the day. “I absitively that he was right.”

Burnett, who played his top academy brawl at St. Vincent Pallotti in Laurel, Md., planned on spending the advancing bookish year at Massenutten Aggressive Academy in Woodbridge, Va.

Then he met Mason, and visited Grymes Hill.

“I had a abundant appointment at Wagner,” said the 18-year-old, who averaged 13 credibility and 10 rebounds per bold as a asperous swingman for St. Vincent. “I admired aggregate about it, the coaches and administrators, the kids, the environment.”

The asperous right-hander even took a ancillary cruise to Manhattan.

“I’d never been to New York City,” said Burnett, who lives account from the University of Maryland’s Academy Park campus. “We went to Times Square, and I’d never apparent annihilation like it.”

Wagner cannot animadversion on the charge until the official NCAA paperwork is completed.

Burnett joins adolescent freshmen Eric Fanning of New Jersey and Michigan State redshirt alteration Dwaun Anderson in the Wagner Class of 2016.

The trio, all able-bodied 6-4 beat types, will vie for time with four abiding starters and nine abiding letter winners from endure season’s 25-6 aggregation which won added amateur than any in academy history.

What endure year’s Seahawks did not accomplish, however, is authoritative it to the NCAA tournament.

They were agape off 71-64 by Robert Morris in the Northeast Conference clash semis.

Following the season, second-year arch drillmaster Dan Hurley larboard to acquire a six-year arrangement from the University of Rhode Island that was said to cover a bacon absolute in balance of $4 million.

Mason, Hurley’s abettor drillmaster for two years, was offered the Wagner arch job by academy able-bodied administrator Walt Hameline. The youngest Division I men’s bandage drillmaster in America has banned to shy abroad from expectations for his club.

“We should be appropriate at the top of the alliance with the aptitude we have,” he has said in accomplished interviews.

Mason fabricated such a advertisement above-mentioned to the exact from Burnett, something the newest Seahawk recognizes.

“I accept that no one is assured me to appear in and account a ton of points, or do annihilation except what I apperceive I can do.”

And what’s that?

“Just play basketball,” said Burnett.

Back