HD audiophiles!! Alternative to SRS Audio Essentials?

ScottyPants

Aug 12, 2011
So I have had SRS audio essentials for a while now, and it's just not a good program. Great idea in theory..... poor execution. For those who don't know, it acts like a pre-equalizer before it hits your primary playback device in Windows 7. So you set SRS as the default device and your final output as the communication device. The basic stereo sound is TRANSFORMED into an immersive experience, no matter where you're sending the sound (stereo or full on external amplifier to 5.1 surround speakers or whatever). It's supposed to take windows media, VLC media, youtube, soundcloud, itunes, winamp, etc.. you name it, it equalizes, normalizes & outputs that sound to another device. It does an amazing job with sound, truly, but the program is so glitchy!! It hardly ever works, it changes position at startup, it can't output to 2 separate playback devices, it's just cumbersome & useless. That said, I'm looking for an alternative. HDMI enthusiasts, can you help me? What do you use? Here's what I need:

1. Outstanding job of equalizing bass/mids/treb & normalizing volume of ALL sound played in computer.
2. Outputs sound to multiple devices
3. Has the ability to output 5.1 sound via HDMI cables
4. Runs at startup
5. I don't care if it's a paid program, I need quality!!!

(BTW - I tried Creative, but it wouldn't let me output to anything but a creative sound card, very limited on input/output, maybe it was just me though)

Back