Hawaii...group trip or romantic vacation?

Ayla

Feb 24, 2008
trying to save for Hawaii next year since I've always wanted to go. I'm trying to decide if I want to go with just my boyfriend since we have never been on a trip alone...or a group of friends since of course it's always fun with them too and share memories.

Hmm decisions decisions.....

You'd have a great time either way.

Are you sure your friends can make it on such a trip? If not, the decision is made. Go with your boyfriend.

Here's my advice: if you can get a friend or 2 to go with you, go to Oahu. Stay in Waikiki so you'll be right in the middle of all the clubs, bars, shops, and restaurants. You can lie on the beach or hike or sightsee during the day and party at night! The clubs are open until 4 am in Waikiki and there is always something fun going on.
If you go with your boyfriend, choose a quieter island like Maui, Kauai, or the Big Island. There is less nightlife, but there are also fewer people in general, so you can be alone more easily. The outer islands are spectacularly beautiful with waterfalls, beaches, and lush greenery everywhere. (Oahu has all of these things too, but you have to get out of Honolulu/Waikiki to see it.)

Whatever you decide, enjoy Hawaii! Aloha!

Back