Have connection problem with the blueray and 5.1 soundsystem.?

johny

Feb 19, 2008
I have a 3D blueray player (Samsung C 5900)... Recently I have bought a DVD HOME theater system (Samsung HT C450). Now I want to connect the blueray with the speakers and exclude the DVD player. But the connections seem bit difficult for me as the audio in for the speakers are different from the blueray player. Any help would be appreciated.

OK, first of all you bought a piece of crap home theater in a box (HTiB). So offense intended, but those things do not allow the flexibility of expansion as you can tell. The C450 is last yrs model and has since been replaced by the C550. And it's not much better. The C450 does not have the latest HD decoding capabilities that is on a Blu-ray disc. Only a good quality Denon or Yamaha receiver that can support HDMI v1.4 and has HD decoding can you truly achieve both the quality sound and picture you seek. Plus they will last every bit of 10 yrs or more. Samsung makes good video products, but their audio just plain sucks. The C5900 player you have also has limitations. If the home theater you have has an HDMI input, then you can use that. But it won't support 3D. If the home theater you have has analog (red/white) audio inputs you can do that, but at best you will only hear Dolby Pro Logic. I could not find much about the C450 inputs, but the Blu-ray player was easy. I suggest you crack open both manuals and see what they both can do. If I were there I could easily help you. You can email me anytime.

Those home theater in a box are not very flexible for adding or up grading. They only you can make it work is if the home theater has an optical audio input. You connect the 3D blu ray disc player directly to the tv and then with an optical audio cable you connect one end to the tv optical audio output and the other end to the home theater optical audio input. This will provide you surround sound when watching the blu ray disc movies. Hope this will help you out.

well it depends on how old the model is but here is the first option you could connect the hdmi cable from the blu ray player to the av reciever, my second option use the optial cable and connect it to the blu ray to the av reciever, and my last option is to connect a normal rca cable to the digtal out in to the av reciever. these options above provide surround sound in any way (i don't trust samsung bcause i have a blu ray player that is made by samsung and it can not play blu rays.

Back