Has anyone heard abut the 2008 Ford Focus outselling Honda and Toyota?

Moremoneythencents

May 20, 2008
It seems people are choosing the 2008 Ford Focus over a Toyota or Honda!. Isnt it a suprise? The gas milage beats Honda and the buyers are getting much more car for thousands less!.DEARBORN, Mich., Aug 01, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Ford's (F:Ford Motor Company

1:44pm 08/01/08 redesigned Focus continues to surprise auto industry watchers and customers alike with strong sales, revenue growth, fuel economy and industry-first technology.
While Ford and industry sales experienced a double-digit sales decline in July, Ford Focus sales climbed 16 percent versus a year ago. Year-to-date, Focus sales were up 26 percent, compared with industry-wide small car growth of approximately 9 percent.
Focus has surprised in areas other than sales:
-- Transaction prices - Year-to-date, Focus transaction prices have increased $750 per unit compared with a segment-average increase of $100. Customers are purchasing more equipment, including Ford SYNC, and higher series levels.
-- Fuel Economy - In an independent test conducted by Edmunds.com called the Gas-Sipper Smackdown, Focus achieved 37.5 mpg on the highway. Focus has EPA highway fuel economy of 35 mpg -- better than the smaller 2008 Honda Fit and 2009 Nissan Versa SL.
-- Cool Technology - Focus was named one of Kelley Blue Book's 10 Coolest New Cars Under $18,000 based on its safety, fuel economy, interior size, comfort, technology, fun-to-drive and the "decidedly subjective coolness factor."
The 2008 Ford Focus is a wonderfull car! in fact, my wife and I liked it so much we each got a fully loaded "SES"! (SHE DOESN'T LIKE TO SHARE) the fit and finish is great! No squeaks rattles or bangs to be heard. Ford did lie a little about the fuel mileage though.... the 08 Focus is rated at 35MPG but both my wife and I get 38-40MPG on ours!. The heated leather seats are comfy and the upgraded 500 watt Audiophile stereo sounds like a concert hall!. We both traded in our Toyota's to buy the Focus and haven't looked back!. And with the thousands of bucks we saved by not buying a Honda or Toyota , we are going on a 3 week cruse in December to a warm island in the Caribbean! By the way, I raced a kid in a Honda yesterday and left him at the stoplight! you should have seen him sitting there with his mouth hanging open LOL! and, if you go on line on the Ford Focus web sight and request a brosure on the Focus you will find a unadvertised $750.00 coupon in the brosure when you get it

Back