GOOODDD MUSICCC?! Rock, Alt, Psycadelic, indie, ANYTHING!!?

BreeWoo

Feb 2, 2011
just trying to expand my music collection. i like MGMT, the beatles, the white stripes, the dead weather, JACK WHITE IN GENERAL, recently got into dubstep, some techno, old school rap, the strokes, tame impala, animal collective, bob marley, grizzly bear, yeasayer, anything psycadelic or experimental, the rolling stones, QUEEN, Pink Floyd, as you can see my music taste is quite broad. so anything along those lines is good.

Voodoo Child(Slight Return)-Jimi Hendrix
Brown Sugar-Rolling Stones
When The Levee Breaks-Led Zeppelin
Train Kept A Rollin'-Aerosmith
Machine Gun-Jimi Hendrix
Paint It Black-Rolling Stones
Start Me Up-Rolling Stones
Catch Hell Blues(My favorite White Stripes song)
Ball and Biscuit-The White Stripes
Girl,You Have No Faith In Medicine-The White Stripes
Black Betty-Lynyrd Skynyrd

After Edmund, The Pineapple Thief, Emika, Porcupine Tree, Mutemath, Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, and Radiohead.

If you're getting into psych-rock, I must suggest Silver Apples and Can. They pretty much defined the style. Can was influenced by The Velvet Underground, whom I also recommend. Modern-day Spoon were influenced by Can and took their name from a Can song.

Great Can songs:
Mushroom
Aumgn
Dizzy Dizzy
Father Cannot Yell

Great Silver Apples songs:
Water
Ruby
You and I
I Have Known Love

Great Velvet Underground songs:
I'm Waiting for the Man
There She Goes
Femme Fatale
Sunday Morning

Well if you like Jack White, then you might like the Raconteurs since he is in that band.

Also you could checkout:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sublime
Less Than Jake
Mumford and Sons
Modest Mouse
The Fratellis
Queens of the Stone Age
Fleet Foxes
My Morning Jacket
The Flaming Lips

Try Modest Mouse. Not sure what they are, but it seems to me that you'd like them.
As for old school rap, The Roots is the way to go. The sends messages, while making a "phat" beat, yo! (lol, but seriously, they do.)
If you want to experiment with some "phunky" stuff, try Infected Mushroom.
Also, if you don't mind female singers (xD) try the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, they're pretty amazing for a rock group! :D

Back