Going on Cruise.... I think I have my period?

KlDog

Mar 11, 2008
I'm going on a cruise tomorrow.... And I've been spotting for a couple weeks now and just now when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was a little blood on it.. Does this mean I will have my period on the cruise?! Cuz I'm really worried.. Last time I went swimming wearing a tampon with my best guy friend., well lets just say the tampon didnt work..:/ blood was dripping down my legs... And also the tampon was really uncomfortable... I'm new to this and I'm nervous that the tampon won't work and the whole cruise will see blood! And also, I'm bringing my best friend (she also might get her period during the cruise but she has had it for a few years) and I really don't want my parents or her to see my pads/tampons in the little garbage thingy in the bathroom in our room.... What should I do? And please answer all my questions cuz I'm really nervous.. I don't want my period to be obvious cuz last time, it was a nightmare... Thank you so much in advance:)

It's either not positioned correctly or you didn't change the tampon regularly , trust me your parents or friend will not care what so ever about them in the garbage just make sure you change regularly to avoid leakage and make sure you are using the right absorbency for how heavy your flow is! If there is public bathrooms on the cruise you can use those to put your garbage in , or bury them in toilet paper in your garbage. Good luck and have fun on Ur cruise :)

Tampons shouldn't leak unless they're not up far enough. It might seem gross but you need to put the entire applicator in then pushing the tampon all the way in. Sometimes if its low then the water absorbs inside and causes you to leak. I wouldn't worry about hiding it. I guess since I'm older tampons aren't embarrassing anymore. Just put them in your purse and suitcase and put some under the sink.

Back