Girls! what do you really think of MMA? (Mixed Martial Arts)?

I LOVE it! My first date with my husband was going to watch his fight and then hanging out while we watched the rest of the fights. I tried to train a bit but I was the only girl and i didn't feel comfortable wrestling with guys other than my hubby. He had a bit of previous training and now in the Army they are putting him through a combative class so he is going to train me and i will try to fight in our home town when we get to move back.....i also don't look like the type of girl who would enjoy this, I'm 5'4" 117lbs and I'm very feminine looking.

An ex of mine loved it, I can appreciate it as an art but I don't like when it is used to cause pain, which I have also seen.

An ex of mine loved it, I can appreciate it as an art but I don't like when it is used to cause pain, which I have also seen.

One of my closest friends is an advocate of mixed martial arts.

It makes a lot of sense to me. A lot of the 'schools' of martial arts are fighting techniques that are grouped together more out of tradition and aesthetics than effectiveness. It seems that if you want to be able to fight the most ably, you should select the best techniques from many schools of martial arts, and forget the garbage and form.

One of my closest friends is an advocate of mixed martial arts.

It makes a lot of sense to me. A lot of the 'schools' of martial arts are fighting techniques that are grouped together more out of tradition and aesthetics than effectiveness. It seems that if you want to be able to fight the most ably, you should select the best techniques from many schools of martial arts, and forget the garbage and form.

I don't really have any strong opinions on it. My husband used to compete in the MMA. He was also a TKD instructor for 10 years. He doesn't fight anymore but I wish I had been able to see him fight.

Most chicks I know don't know the difference between MMA and the WWF.

The girls might like this, I know I do.

http://www.fatalfemmesfighting.com/store.asp

Back