Fruit Salad Recipe for a Potluck of 18?

gordon

Jun 12, 2008
My boss has decided to go in a new direction with a meeting coming up and so we're having a potluck. She made one of my coworkers in charge of making sure everyone brought something and when she asked me she told me she needed to know NOW. I said spinach dip and pumpernickel bread but someone was already bringing bread... I threw out a few more suggestions and they were all shut down. So now I'm stuck bringing fruit salad.

"Fruit salad?" you say, "What have you got to worry about, that stuff is SO EASY to make. You just take fruit, cut it up and put it in a bowl!!"

No, actually it's not that easy. I have no idea what makes a good fruit salad. So would anyone be able to help me by providing a fruit salad recipe for 18 people. A few things to note:
-this is a potluck, so everyone is bringing food. So you can have the recipe for a conservative 18. Fruit's expensive you know! :p
-someone is allergic to raspberries, and someone else is allergic to nuts.
-being that it's a fruit salad I assume it turns to mush if not eaten within a few hours... So I will be making this at the last minute and will only get one shot. If your recipe seems too riske I might be afraid to try it.

Thanks!

Back