Freedom is an illusion. Discuss?

Bambi

May 25, 2008
I have to answer this essay question for my BA philosophy assignment but I'm not sure how to go about planning and answering it. -It's 1500 words
Has anyone got any idea as to how I can construct a good plan for it??
...I'm not looking for a one line answer to the question as such.
I would like someone to offer an example PLAN, please.
AAHH! stop giving me answers!!

I want help with an essay PLAN!!!
LOOK. I KNOW THE ANSWER.
I DO N O T NEED THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION.
WHAT I NEED ARE SUGGESTIONS OF A STRUCTURE FOR AN
E S S A Y P L A N ! ! ! ! !

If you wanted help with an essay plan you should have put this in homework help XD

Well, you've already got an idea for how to answer this question, right?

Since I don't know what your answer is, it's difficult for me to help you with organization. But in your essay you should remember to offer your reader a logical path through your explanation of your perspective.

For example, if my thesis was something like: "Although "freedom" by its definition connotes a lack of restriction, society does not support this idea."

My intro would include that statement.

My first section (it would probably be more than one paragraph) would talk about how (American) society views the concept of freedom.

My second section would talk about how it really treats freedom and how it, society, is limiting and judgmental and does not allow for an individual to live in a world of freedom.

My conclusion would both reiterate what I've said and end the essay in something of an interesting way.

This was a very simple example, but I hope this helped. Just think about, for your essay, how you would explain it to a friend. Your friend would need to know some background of, in this case, society before freedom can be explained in the context of society.

Back