Foundation newbie user?

ANNiE

May 16, 2008
I've never used foundation before, but I just got some so I'm wondering how to use it. My question is: will your face look like a different color than your neck, or is it just a matter of blending well?

also, i have the matte kind; maybelline dream matte mousse to be exact. do i need that blotting paper stuff, or will the foam applicator pads work?

Well it should blend with your skin colour, because it should match your skin colour. If you can still see the foundation after blending the colour is too dark for you. You must blend and you must also blend into your hair line and into you neck to prevent the lines.

I think since you are new to foundation, using just your fingers would be a good idea, because you have to make sure you blend really well with the pads and it also wastes a lot of it too. Just dab on your fingers and blend from your nose outward. Good luck!
PS. Make sure you practice and check in natural light before going somewhere.

If you match it correctly it will look natural! The best thing to do is put a swipe of it on your jawline and check out how it looks in the sunlight compared to your face and neck. If it blends in, you're good to go - you definitely need to blend it a lot once it is on your face, though. Until you get more practice, try mixing foundation in with your moisturizer to sheer it out - that will make it easier to apply, and you won't be able to see any mistakes :)

Blotting papers are good if you get oily easy, but they aren't completely necessary. I'm not sure if that foundation comes with an applicator, but even just using your fingers works well.

Back