First tattooooo!!!

Very clean work! Impressed. There's a lot of really hack artists out there. Glad to see you went with someone who clearly is switched on!

Personally I would have hoped for more color in the Phoenix plumage to set it off from the tree branch. But brighter colors would have given it a totally different feel. All in all... very impressive ink job you went for! Congrats.

The hardest thing to decide was whether or not to go for colours in the phoenix. After changing my mind almost every day, at the last moment I decided to go for black and grey - it was less risky.

I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but I think that is a really nice one. And if it's not creepy to say so, you are one lovely lady.

(I don't think it's creepy, after all, I am on the opposite side of the world, never likley to run into you, and probably old enough to be your grandad anyway!)

Haha no Johnno, you're not creepy....not yet anyway

Thanks guys....I'm also pretty impressed with how it turned out. Choosing the right artist is so important! Definitely no regrets!

Amazing.

I usually dislike tattoos; the only ones I can sort of appreciate are the black ink, simple, symbolic ones. I usually hate coloured tats or complex forms / animals, but I think your phoenix is the first exception.

Good choice!

I'm late to the party, but that is a stunning tat! Congrats on getting your first, especially that one Very bold, but I'd expect nothing less from you

As others have said, I dislike tattoos of any kind as a rule but the artistry of that one is so clean I can't help but appreciate it. The balance across the back is fantastic. If you keep it as it is, alone on your back, I think it'll be brilliant. Adding anything else around it will be a shame.

I have no tattoos obviously, lol, but when I BBing I ALMOST got this on my shoulder:

That's a beautiful tattoo.

I wanted to get a tiger in the exact spot climbing from my lower back from the right side, going up and across my shoulder to just under my neck. It's just hard finding a reputable tattoo artist who has a clean place and doesn't double dip his needles in the same ink he used for someone else.

Back