finding out device code for a non-brand name dvd player?

n_ghost

Aug 8, 2008
I have a non-brand [really no brand name, not even in user manual] dvd player. I have it's original remote and a URC one-4-all learning remote. searching device code doesn't find the device. Is there any way to find out the device code using any other technique or is there any device available which will do that for me ? Please note this device is not listed in any of the remote control's manual.

PLEASE NOTE : I want to find out it's device code, not a round about way [learning individual keys etc] to control the device. The answer I am looking for is more for curiosity rather than anything else.
Please help with ideas to find out the device code. The item I am talking about can be found out from officedepot.com if you search for dv-933, in case you are interested.
Thank you very much.

Too bad you don't have a Pioneer AV Receiver. They have a remote that you point the original remote at the Pioneer remote and by following the Pioneer's remote instructions, you can learn the DVD remote commands (power on-off, play, FFD, REW, etc.)

Back