ESSAY HELP WITH THE INTRODUCTION ?

Lynn

May 25, 2008
I have to write an essay for american history about a controversial event from 1850-1900. we had different topics to choose from and i chose to write about slavery. and the main point of the essay is to answer this question ------>>>> Was the institution of slavery necessary in the South? <<<-------- Im not asking to write it for me. just give me a little direction of how i can start it. Im stuck right now. Im usually good at writing essays but my teacher is grading this very strictly and i want to a good job.

The project will have four parts:
Part I – Explaining the Event
Collect information about the event that you have chosen from at least three different sources. Textbooks, encyclopedias, and class discussions are not permitted. You are also not permitted to use Wikipedia. Answer the following questions about the event in essay form. When did this event occur? Where did it take place? Who was involved in the event? How did this event occur? What exactly happened? Why is the event considered to be controversial? This part should be 1-2 pages in length.

Part II – Two Sides of the Event
In the list of events above, there is a question after each event. In Part II you will show how the question of your event can be answered in two different ways. These are the two sides of the controversy. Using the information from your research, explain how the question can be answered in two different ways. For example, for the question: Was the institution of slavery necessary in the South, the answers should give reasons why slavery was necessary and was not necessary in the South. After both sides have been explained, you will defend and agree with one of the opinions. This part should be 2-3 pages in lengTGH
JUST TELL ME HOW TO START IT AND A GOOD WAY TO END IT. AND SOME TIPS IF YOU CAN ABOUT WRITING A REALLY GOOD ESSAY.

Back