English Soccer Question

I reckon that too.
It's quite an experience at the best of times, sitting in Celtic Park while thats being sung. I took my wife to the home leg of the Croatia Zagreb game 4 or 5 years ago and even she was impressed. It managed to shut up the frankly mental Zagreb fans for 5 minutes too!
But, nothing beats when Liverpool play at Celtic Park and both sets of fans, who seem to have an affinity anyway, sing.
Awesome.

Adam - tell your dad to f.., sorry, tell your dad *clenches teeth* he is very welcome.

i think celtic may have started singing the anthem after liverpool but we gave the world "the huddle" no other team in all the land had done it before...celtic started it a few years back and now practically most teams are doing it

From all the matches I've attended at St James Park, no matter what team they play there always seems to be a sudden outbreak of songs and chants against the mackems I guess there must be some who just cannot stand them and take every opportunity to show it

Joke or not, this kind of comment is irritating. It's like being back at school. People could say the same thing to you about MA, it's just as irrelevant. Pathetic.

Your allegiance is to the club, not the team, the clubs stay where they start generally, in the city if not the stadium. This is GENERALLY a geographical thing, based on where you grow up. I was born and bred in Manchester so I'm a Man U fan, one of the few Mancs apparently!

There are certain people that support teams, that arent from the area that the team is based in, a strange concept but if the attend the games then they have every right to claim allegiance.

A prime example being Wimbledon FC who after having no stadium of their own finally moved to Milton Keynes, became the MK Dons and have been steadily slipping down the leagues since.

The fans were outraged, so set up their own team AFC Wimbledon who have started out in the very low leagues, but have been steadily climbing thanks to the support they get from the Wimbledon fans.

MK Dons is known to them as Franchise FC - it's not a good name to have.

But surely if the players themselves come from all over the world and the pretty much the only thing that governs a club's success is money, the location of the actual stadium means nothing?

Back