Engine Swap for 98 Dodge Dakota?

rocken_modified

Aug 26, 2008
Ok so insurance has paid out for the mishap that occurred 3 weeks ago which destroyed my Honda, (3 Jerks and a Stupid cop later) anyway, I managed to purchase a 98 Dodge Dakota with a Pansy weak, sluggish as a frozen frog 4 cylinder engine in it. I also managed to get a hold of a clean unused 3.5l 24v V6 engine out of a 98 Dodge intrepid. My buddy just had it rebuild but decided to not do the swap as he just picked up one of the new challengers. He has Beefed up this 3.5 a bit and told me I could have the whole engine and car for 150 bucks. I want to pull the computer, harnesses and all other needed parts from the intrepid and put them in a Dakota. Scraping the engine and computer from the truck. My question is this, what would I need to change, other then Suspension, transmission, exhaust and fuel, to make this thing settle in there. I know I will have to make some adjustments to the engine mounts and what not, I have most of what I need. But someone was saying I would have to swap out the whole front cradle to accommodate the V6 engine. It’s only a 2WD. so I don't have to worry or work around a front diff. should I just go pick up a whole front clip from a wrecking yard? Or could I just cut and weld where I need to? Thanks for your help.

Back