effective, natural, quick to learn martial arts?

thepeacefulgiant

Nov 1, 2008
Hello, I'm looking to learn a new martial art. I am currently in the Shito ryu style; however I am learning it is not a good fit for me. I am 5'9 and 200lbs (7% body fat), which is to say I am a large guy. As far as body composition goes, I am 40% torso, 60% legs, meaning I have long legs. In I'm an easy target. That said, The cat stance, and foward stance aren't working for me. My body is conditioned toward power and speed, but not finesse, so I was wondering if you could recommend martial arts that would be sorted towards my strengths in combat. Preferably a striking art.,

Martial arts are not a "Natural" way of fighting. If they were then everyone would be born with the skills, and obviously that is not the case. Martial arts become natural only after many years of hard, and often painful training.
You did not say how long you practiced the Shito ryu system, but remember that nothing good comes easy, especially in the martial arts. If you want something quick and easy maybe you should look into a self-defense course...real martial arts take time, but the time is well spent.
Check around in your area and see what is offered, a martial art is a personal choice, and only you can make that decision.

Back