Early termination with Sprint.............?

ChasesMum

Feb 20, 2009
I just signed up with Sprint in October with my husband. There were 3 store locations in our area and the 2 year agreement allowed us to change the plan without extending and it also gave us a 30 day money back guarantee. I think it was less than a week ago ALL of the sprint stores in our area closed. The closest repair shop is over 44 miles away. Of course just in time because we have issues with both our phones. Which means we need to send our phones in to be repaired. They make it sound so easy and it wont cost anything but that is not what we signed up for. We went with Sprint mainly because of the convenience. So It has been less than 5 months and we want to terminate. But of course there is a fee...has anyone had a similar problem. Do you think we can fight our way out of this agreement without getting charged???
Just a side note: My Mom has verizon and they were able to terminate their contract because they did not get service at their new house. They just had to call and b**** at the managers.
Well to give you more detail on the phones it really upsets me that the phones are so crappy. My phone has been wierd since I got it. It took a while to figure out what was wrong. I don't recieve my phone calls half the time whether a person is calling me from a land line or cell phone. Sometimes I don't get my voicemail until 2 hours later. I have full bars and I'm always at my house becuase I'm a stay at home Mom. I talked to a rep. and they finally told me it was the internal intena...something I have no control. It was defective when I got it.
My husbands phone, first of all was used when we got it, but they told us it was the last one when we complained and that we shouldn't have any problems. His phone will no longer charge. Thankfully we have the same crappy phone and he can charge his batt. with my phone.
Now I'm not looking for an excuse. I would just like to talk to a live person about all this.

I've been with sprint for 20 years. I think in the whole time I've been to a sprint store three times. Why do you need a store so close? You can do every thing online and it takes one day to get a new phone. If you have insurance, they'll send you a new phone right away and when you get the new phone, they'll ask you to send the old one in. Sounds a little fishy that you are both having problems with your phones that are 5 mos old. I think you just want to change services and are looking for excuses, but that's just my opinion. I think you should stick out the two years, or pay the 200 dollars, it's a contract and you agreed to it, so you are stuck.

Back