dvd read write drive does not write dvd?

MichaelF

Jun 3, 2008
I have an older dell optiplex running windows xp home with all current updates ,my drive is i/o magic dvd r/rw + - 20x
I have run several firmware driver update programs and they all say drivers and firmware are current .
I can write and read cds all day long ,I can run dvds with no problems , but when I put a blank dvd in windows explorer calls them blank cd , I have run virus spyware and malware program and find nothing other than tracking cookies which are erased microsoft fixit says this drive is not able to write any kind of disc, but as I stated I can read and WRITE cds. nero info tool calls it ATAPl iHAP122 8 dvd ram recorder supported read features are all (if you ever used this tool you`ll know there are 12 features) supported write features are everythin but mount rainier and there are 10 write features . with a bank dvd installed in drive nero info tool sees it as a blank dvd either -r or +r depending on which I install and gives all info available
no matter what burning program I try to use I always get "disc error unable to complete"
I have not used this drive much as the other drive is cd read write I have made 12 dvd and only watch part of dvd as test to ensure proper burning so all together I might have 30 hours of use
can anyone tell me how to fix this problem

Back