Dropped my enV2 in the toilet!!! What should I do?

SeanS

May 15, 2008
I just got a replacement phone about 2 weeks ago because my other one stopped working. The old one was under warranty so I didn't pay anything and this one is still under the replacement warranty but im guessing that doesnt cover water damage. What should I do? I dried it out and everything and put the battery back in but it wont turn on. The screen just flashes. When my Razr broke like 2 years ago I took it to the Verizon store and the guy said that the water damage sticker was red. I said I never dropped it in water and he said maybe it was just sweat or something. If I say that this time I'm not sure they will believe me because the sticker is dark red and last time it was almsot pink. It's probably obvious to them that it got dropped in water. Does anyone know if I could get a new sticker somewhere or another way to trick the verizon people?
It's a free 30 day warranty that automatically comes with the replacement phone. I'll check the warranty though.

Warranties don't cover it being lost or stolen only insurance does. No you can't get a new sticker. The manufacturers each have unique stickers and it would be considered fraud to try and counterfeit the sticker. Hopefully you got the insurance, if you didn't you'll have to suck it up and buy one at full price (which isn't too bad at $280 considering dunking a Dare would cost you $410 bucks). I had to do it at one point (paid $225 to replace my old RAZR after a full round in the washing machine). I always get the insurance now. Trust me you'll be upset til you do spend the money and get a new one than that aggravation goes away and you appreciate the phone and become paranoid whenever you're near water. Suffice it to say that you'll never dunk a phone again.

What does your warranty cover? Does it cover losses? I've had friends who pretend they got their phone stolen (however some cell phone companies want you to report it to the police) or that dropped it into the lake on a boating trip. Read your warranty carefully, you might find a loophole. If the warranty covers stolen phones, I would say that I lost it while in another country since it's harder and kind of pointless to file a police report.

Back