Does the LG washer have any problems? I'm thinking of buying one.?

Lily

May 13, 2008
My Maytag front loader has been repaired twice in 6 years. Not too happy with it.

I've heard there are a LOT of problems with front loaders of any brand. The door seals leak, and also, people don't always close the doors right. I have no experience with a front loader.

My daughter worked for Best Buy Coorporate in Minneapolis a few years ago. She was in customer service. She told me never to buy LG ANYthing, because there were more complaints on LG EVERYthing than all of the others put together--except one line of 20" cheap flatscreens that Best Buy discontinued. Lots of problems with LG.

I like Whirlpool, and have had two that lasted about 20 years each, and no real big problems. Top loaders. Extra large capacity.

I love my LG front load, I've had it for six years. I love it almost as much as my kids. Of all the appliances I have ever purchased in the last 25 years my LG tron is definately my favourite. The LG front loads are the best on the market. I got this from a guy I know that works in the appliance section at Home Depot. He said he's never heard a complaint about an LG front load. Not every company is great at everything I wouldn't buy an LG tv, or a Sony front load and my Fridgeair stove and dishwasher suck. If someone came to my door and said I had to evacuate and I had ten minutes to collect by things, kids, cats, photographs and my frontload.

Most people with front loads don't pay attention to some important facts. The door is water and air tight, if you leave wet clothes in it or leave the door closed for long periods of time without the drum drying out then you will get a funky smell. I do a sanitize wash about once a month, I don't leave wet clothes in the dryer, and I clean out under rubber rim when it looks like it needs a clean. It will leak if hair accumulates near the bottom of the door, so if you see hair, just clean it off.

The new LG's have a magnet on the front so you can push the door closed without locking it, allowing air to get to the drum sot hat it doesn't get funky. The LG also has a higher rpm so your clothes are more dry when they come out of the wash, requiring less dryer time.

Back