Does my workout/nutrition plan look okay?

Wilthoven

Nov 22, 2010
Hi there!
I'm not a beginner when it comes to working out. But, I definitely haven't worked out in about two years. I'm 145 pounds, 5 foot 9, 19% body fat and basically no muscle at all on my body. So I'm trying to lose fat, but also gain muscle and really just tighten up. I don't want to look scary :)
So here's my weekly training routine and nutrition guide:

My diet stays almost exactly the same everyday (I'm a pretty picky person):
Meal 1:
Oatmeal
3 Oz of Turkey

Meal 2:
1 Apple
3 oz of Turkey

Meal 3:
1 Glass of Milk mixed with-
1 Cup of Whey Protein
1 Banana

Meal 4:
3 oz of Turkey
1 Apple

Meal 5:
4 Egg Whites
3 Oz of Chicken Breast
1 Bowl of Oatmeal

Meal 6: (Optional)
3 Oz of Chicken
1 Banana

I'm not sure if I'm eating to little or too much. It feels like I'm eating too much, but I think that's only because I have a very slow metabolism. And before I started this diet, I've been really only eating one big meal a day. Altogether I've calculated that I'm taking in about 1,500 Calories, 100 grams of Protein, 80 grams of Carbs, and about 10 grams of Fat.

My workout plan is mostly circuit training with machines every other day and my rest days are cardio/core:

Day 1:
Upper Body (Bench Press, Flys, Bicep Curl, Tricep Curl, Shoulder Press, Sit-Ups)
Usually about 10-12 Reps a piece, about 3-4 Sets depending on my energy.

Day 2:
Cardio/Core (Interval Training - Jog 2 Minutes & Sprint 1 Minute repeat 3x, Reverse Sit-Up, Sit-Up, Ab Press)
Here I do about 100 reps a piece of the abworkout and usually throw in another 10 minutes of jogging

Day 3:
Lower Body (Leg Press, Calf Raises, Hamstrings Curls, Squats)
10-12 Reps, 3-4 Sets depending on my energy

Day 4: Rest all day (Haha my favorite!)
Then I repeat the cycle starting from Day 1.

I've been researching weight training for about a couple of months and I've built this together from all the hunderds of articles I've read. Please let me know if you would change anything, I'm pretty sure my diet is not that great. And I'll most likely hear that I need food. Just keep in mind that I am looking to lose fat as well, because according to my body fat percentage, I have almost 15 pounds of fat to spare!
Thanks,
Wilthoven

Back