Do I need High Definition T.V. for a blue ray machine?

briank

May 13, 2008
I have a 35 inch glass block Toshiba (sp) television. Once it was one of the best picture you could get because of its size before the flat screen market and fwy products. I barely save a little each month, disabled and afraid of debt growing. My sister won a blue ray machine in a raffle. It has been sitting in her closet for years. I love movies so she gave it to me. Will it work on my television and are their other concerns?
I should have said, "Will it be a much better picture than the DVD/VCR machine hooked to my television now?"

I don't think it will make sense to pull plugs read a manual , squint 'red, yellow, white thru and over around with the apartment antenna to the analog digital box since I can not afford cable. I will swear, sweat get goofy since I am as a 'bull in a china shop' with this stuff, until the magical moment when it works and "What it looks the same as a DVD machine!". It be nice if the blue ray worked like on the into to the DVDs commercial, "Bigger Brighter like never before or ever since A new movie experience" (but you must have a HDV T.V. ) "DANG!" I usually watch one movie a night. I love NET FLICKS 4 movies at a time for 21 bucks. You can't go wrong. Glad for Yahoo Answers, saved me the work.

Should work fine.. Most Blu Ray players, (like my LG) have an HDMI and a coax connection for the output......Most DVD's look better when played on a Blu Ray.. However, your old CRT 4 by 3 TV won't give you much difference....

To get the most of it yes, but to just use one, no, if the player has composite A/V outs.

Some newer Blu-Ray players only have digital outputs, often the cheaper and more compact players.

Back