Do I need a smartphone?

WesT1

May 5, 2009
I currently have an HTC Desire, but I don't really use it for surfing the web and playing the games (though I do use Flipboard). I am going to get a new phone soon and I realized that I don't really NEED a smartphone, but it's more of a luxury that I can use easily. I've been looking at the Xperia P and Galaxy S3, but they seem unnecessary if I were to get, say, a Nokia Asha phone.

I'm a teenager that doesn't really use their phone for a lot of things, but just having a phone that can at least last me 2.5 years (probably not that long, but I'm just assuming) will be good. I've been contemplating whether to downgrade to a feature phone, or even a simpler Android phone. I don't have an iPod, camera, or alarm clock, so I need my phone to do those things, especially to take pictures (I take amateur pictures, but it would be nice to have something that is just as good as my Desire now).

I travel between America and Asia, so it would be nice to have 3G (it's not necessary, but it's more of a luxury)that I can use in both countries (I'm on AT&T). I really want to know which one I should get because I could have this for a while and I want to make sure I'm making a good decision.

All my phones break after at least 6 months.. :/ not the screen but the internal stuff.

The galaxy s3 is a great phone. (I don't have it tho but want it) it's only $479 on kogan.com

Think what your needs would be long term. You may want to get something pre-paid so you can know for sure without locking yourself into a contract.

Back