Do I have a right to argue my grade with my professor?

Monica1

May 13, 2008
I recently received my final grade for my psychology class and it was a very disappointing D. I am mostly an A's and B's student with a 3.37gpa. I did this semester take on a more challenging course load, but I feel I deserve at least a C- instead of a D. I did express to the TA for that course my worries of failing the class because it was a heavy class to take in and wasn't exactly sure as to how the grading was being done because on the school website the grading didn't match up the same way it did on the syllabus. I got zero help in that department and the TA didn't seem very helpful either. How do I challenge this grade. In my other psychology classes I got all A's but for this class it was a mind bender and the professor was sarcastic. He would tell us confusing things like read the textbook , but don't trust it too much cause he will be changing some things around.
I've attended all my classes and handed in all my work. Getting a D sYs to me I did nothing and might as well not have attended. A "D is the cousin of an "F". I feel like everything I did was in vain. I won't lie I didn't do well on the quizzes or the final which was worth a lot, but still...
The TA had the nerve to send me a worksheet to figure out my own grade when the math is super confusing based on whats on the website and what's written on the syllabus. He even gave lecture quizzes which I know I did well on and did experiments which is worth 5% of the grade I believe should have bumped me up to a C-.
Erie: U mention I should start by talking to my professor. So I start off with asking the question as to "where I went wrong with my grades as to why I earned a D? I'm looking for a more solid case worthy question. Cause the TA didn't give any feedback as to where I messed up on my paper and didn't plug into the school website of he dropped the lowest grade like promised for the quizzes and added in the experiment points I did.

Back