Disney Vacation?

Feb 20, 2008
My family and I want to go on a Disney vacation. What is the best park/ship ect. Does anyone know all of our choices, or has anyone been on/to all of them? Is there a website?

Disney World is the best. Bigger and more attractions than Disney Land. The Cruises are pretty much just Cruises with a Disney twist, okay but nothing spectacular. DisneyWorld beats all hands down, it will be the most fun for your family.Go to disney.com and you can get a vacation planner sent to your house that is a dvd. And they offer alot of packages and such too.Also want to add, if you stay at a site in the park, you get to go to the parks earlier and stay later. If you stay offsite, the hours you can be there are shorter. Also, you have to factor in driving and parking and such. There is also stuff at night for Adults and supervised childrens activites during those so you can go and your kids will be fine. I recommend Port Orleans in DisneyWorld.

magic kingdom is the best park in my opinion. theres a lot more to do.disney.com should have stuff about each park.

Beware of Mickey Mouse......... BEWARE! BEWARE! He is a rapist..... Sorry, I just had to do that. Anyway, Disney cruises are geard for little kids. They have all kinds of baby sitting services and stuff. Kids under 7 will LOVE it. If you are looking for more of a more classy cruise try Royal Carribian. They have stuff for kids and adults. It is more for all ages. If you are going for land, get a hotel by the Disney park. Dont get a Disney Hotel it is RIP OFF. If you have little kids like 10 year olds try the Nick Hotel. Realy cool for all ages. Good Luck Rex

Go to Disney.com's site and request a free planning DVD sent to your home, free of charge. For rides -- DisneyLAND is the best. California Adventure is Awesome.For Epcot, Safari, etc. - DisneyWORLD is better. Disneyworld doesn't have as many of the newer rides as Disneyland does. But it has a lot of extras like a water park, safari area, Epcott, World Pavilions, etc. - and it has the Atlantic Ocean within an hours drive. As for the Disney Cruises.. I'm pretty sure they are "sister ships" meaning they are pretty similar -- so it's probably just personal opinion which is better. In Late October, Disney Cruise does a Mexican Riveria cruise which is 7 days with 2 stops at Disney's private island called Castaways Cay -- My wife and I are going on that cruise.7 Tips -1) Call Disney and let them plan your vacation, they have VERY helpful customer service reps. who have personally gone on the cruises and/or stayed at DisneyWorld. They can plan your flights, pickup from the airport, transportation to the hotel, tickets, and transportation back to the airport, and then the flight home. - it's much cheaper then buying individually, and MUCH easier.2) Disney Cruises and Disney Park are 2 separate call centers. If, like us, you plan on doing BOTH (they have 7 day combined Cruise/Park vacations) You might end up calling both departments separately to get all the arrangements ironed out. -- We had to do this.3) If going to the Park, get the Dining Plan - it's like $30 per person, but you get 3 meals a day Paid for....which is WAY cheaper then paying for it yourself AND you don't have to worry about extra money 'cause it's included in your package. - otherwise food is really expensive.4) As I mentioned they have 7 day combo Park/Cruise vacation packages, where you can either spend 3 days at the park, 4 days at sea OR 4 days at the park, 3 days at sea.5) Ticket prices get cheaper the MORE days you buy.. after about 4 or 5 days, subsequent days are only like $7 extra per person. So don't be scared or think you can only afford a certain # of days -- the longer you stay the cheaper it gets.6) FastPass is your friend - Disney has a feature called "FastPass" on some rides.. basically, a vending machine assigns you a TIME to ride that ride. You don't stand in line. You are free to go anywhere you want, then just return to that ride as the assigned time and you walk to the front of the line, as if you were standing there the entire time. -- This allows you to schedule your rides ahead of time Example: 12:20 Indiana Jones, 1:15 Jungle Cruise Ride, etc.7) Staying at an official Disney Hotel entitles you to entering the Park EARLY or Staying LATER then normal visitors. - Giving you an extra hour to ride rides BEFORE the park opens to the general public

I liked Disney World. If you have time it's a great place. I went for 2 weeks and it seemed like just enough time to do everything:)

Back