DIRECTV CONTRACT SCAM?!?

cutiepie1

Jun 3, 2008
Okay..I signed up with directv last year in october. I had no choice but to go with a 2 year contract. Now its been almost a year & I plan on moving next month to a new apartment. I called directv to ask about their "moving" deal I had been seeing advertised on tv. I was told if I move the 2 year contract would automatically start over! I asked how could this be & was told that if I ever moved or upgraded service that the contract starts over. So if I move once a year or year and a half..i will FOREVER be in a contract will directv! Is this possible? Is there anyone that I can contact about this? Any advice would help..

Had a look at the DirecTV site Movers section and there's nothing about restarting an existing contract when you move unless it's hidden in the T&Cs or it only re-starts if you add one of the packages available to movers ("Internet and phone bundles and our special programming offer for movers"). T&Cs
at http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/movers? although the spelling mistake "aand" half way through probably invalidates or at least pours doubt on the words.

Back