Direct tv VS Dish network DVR match up!?

ke3anna

Mar 22, 2011
Okay everyone so I have Direct tv now with no premium channels and a dvr. I am moving into a new house with Dish network with all of the premium channels and a dvr.

Now this is sort of a sad commentary on the average American, but I watch a lot of tv and my dvr is very important to me. I would like to hear from those of you who have experience with both and maybe you could answer some of my questions.

1. With Direct tv now I can record two shows at the same time, but I cannot flip channels. I have to stay on one of the channels that is being recorded, watch something previously recorded, or stop one of the recordings. How does this work with Dish?

2. With Direct tv my recordings were arranged in folders. I would have a folder of "The Ellen Degeneres Show" with 11 episodes in it and so on. Previously when I had Comcast, my recordings were arranged by the date they were recorded and there were no folders. What is it like with Dish?

3. Dish gives me the ability to create series recordings right?

Okay I think those are all of my questions. If you can think of anything else that I should know please include that too!
Thanks!
Ray that helped a lot. That was exactly what I was asking, thanks!

Back