Detatching from the Ego.

damd20

Feb 19, 2008
Does anyone have any tips on separating one's self from the ego, even if it is a drawn out process. Post up what you guys do, whether it's meditation or affirmations or breathing process's.

That's not exactly what I'm looking for, that is a good way to hide from one's ego, but not exactly escape fully. Thank you for the insight though I shall try that.

youd be surprised at how much you can look into yourself while under the influence of psychadelic drugs

whether you want to consider it a blanket, is up to you.

thats just a longer ego loss

Humility is the best way to rid yourself of your ego imo. Let yourself be the butt of the joke for once, I think it's a good lesson and cuts people down to where they need to be

I have also wondered this. meditation is probably the best.
Religion can cleanse the mind and spirit if you actually do believe it it fully.

Just take a step back from what your doing and watch, No drugs needed, see how others see you.

or maybe its because ive done so many drugs that they are no longer needed

HF-021-TB.jpg

I don't have the faith or willpower to totally devote my beliefs to something that seems so irrational and intangible. I'm sure if I could it would help a great deal but I guess I'm too logical and even though I try not to I remain a skeptic in many aspects of our world.

And not that kind of voice brassmonkey, even though I know you're kidding :p

And BJ's got the right idea haha.

Yea i feel you on that one, i cant fully devote myself to something i dont understand.

Maybe something crazy has to happen to you where you "face death."
That would change my mind about things im sure.

It's good to have a contained ego. It helps when you drop into low supply of self-esteem. However, if you want to get rid of it completely, try basic meditation. Just stretch out really well, and find someplace quiet. If at all possible, the woods near a small lake or river so you can just zone out on the sounds and drop into a trance.

Back